According to the RA MoESCS Minister Vahram Dumanyan’s order, the procedure for maintaining the Education Management Information System (EMIS) is defined and the state administrative register in the field of education is implemented.
The Education Management Information System (EMIS) is a unified electronic system for data collection, storage, processing, as well as for receiving and publishing reports. So, administrative registers in the field of education are managed through EMIS.
All educational establishments implementing pre-school, general education, primary (handicraft) and secondary professional, higher professional and postgraduate basic educational programs in the RA are registered in EMIS, regardless of the organizational legal status and subordination.
EMIS is managed by the National Center for Educational Technologies (NCET) of the RA MoESCS, which is the system’s general administrator and the provider of the entire EMIS information storage.
The data collected through the EMIS is used to develop policies in various areas of public administration, data-based decision making, administration and statistics.
Personal data is collected, processed and stored in accordance with the requirements of the Law on Personal Data Protection.
The main subsystems of the EMIS are:
1. Pre-school education management information system: administrative register.
2. School Management Information System: administrative register.
3. Handcraft education information system of primary, secondary professional educational establishments and universities: administrative registers.
4. Electronic detection system for children left out of general education.
5. Teacher business trip system to state educational establishments of border or highland settlements.
6. Information system for children with SEN.
The launch of an information system for children with SEN will enable digitalization and automation of:
✦ Assessment of the Need for Special Education at 3 levels (school, regional, republican),
✦ Management of a PIP,
✦ Managing an ITP,
✦ Carrying out monitoring and analysis in all educational circles of the country,
✦ Generation of reports on children with SEN and pedagogical-psychological support services.