Home education is organized for students who are unable to attend educational institutions because of their health condition, in accordance with the procedure established by the authorized state body for education. The list of diseases reserving the right for home education is defined by the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
Annex N 1 The Government of the Republic of Armenia November 19, 2015 Decision N 1330-N
DISEASES RESERVING THE RIGHT FOR HOME EDUCATION FOR PERSONS WITH SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEED
(codes according to diseases and health problems statistical classifier)
1) mental disorders, behavioral disorders
a. post-encephalitis syndrome (F 07.1),
b. post-contusion syndrome (F 07.2),
c. schizophrenia, schizotypal status and delusional disorders (F20-F29),
d. Affective mood disorders (F30-F39),
e. Nervous, stress-induced somatoform disorders (F40-F48),
f. Behavioral syndromes because of physiological disorders and physical factors (F50-F59),
g. Mental retardation with significant behavioral disorders requiring care (F70.1-F71.1) (F70.8-F71.8);
h. mental retardation (F72-F79),
i. Psychological development disorders (F80-F89),
j. Emotional Behavioral Disorders Common to Childhood (Adolescence) (F90-F98)
k. Mental disorders without additional adjustments (F99).
2) diseases of the nervous system
a. Systemic atrophies with predominantly central nervous system disease (G10-G13)
b. Extracurricular and other movement disorders (G20-G26)
c. Other transformative diseases of the nervous system (G31.0, G31.8, G31.9, G32, except G 31.1),
d. Central nervous system demyelinating diseases (G35-G37)
e. Epilepsy (G40): Frequent seizures that do not occur with antiepileptic drugs.
f. Neuromuscular diseases, progressive (progressive) muscular dystrophies) և Other myopathies (G70, G71, G72),
g. Cerebral palsy and other paralytic syndromes include spastic quadriceps (G80.0, G82) և dyskinetic egg (G80.3);
h. Spinal cord disorders (inflammatory) (G04-G06).
3) Congenital abnormalities (developmental defects, deformations, chromosomal disorders):
a. spinal hernia (Q05), except closed spinal hernia (Q76),
b. Other congenital anomalies of the spine Q spinal cord (Q06),
c. Other congenital anomalies of the nervous system (Q07),
d. Congenital anomalies of the musculoskeletal system, developmental defects and changes (Q65-Q79).
4) disorders of other organ-systems:
a. Rheumatism in the active phase with continuous relapse (I 00-I 01),
b. pancarditis (I 51.8, I 05.8),
c. Congenital heart defects in the subcompensation and decompensation phase (Q20-Q24),
d. Chronic pneumonia in the presence of a widespread process and expressed intoxication (J84.1);
e. Bronchial asthma (J46) with frequent severe attacks or prolonged asthma,
f. Chronic nephritis accompanied by chronic renal failure with nephrotic syndrome (N 03, N 05, N 08, N 13, N 18-N 19),
g. Severe mucoviscidosis (E84.9),
h. Chronic cirrhosis of the liver with chronic hepatitis (K74.6),
i. Malignant neoplasms of various organs (C00-C99),
j. Blood coagulation disorders in the presence of mobility difficulties (severe hemophilia) (D66-D68)
k. Respiratory tuberculosis, in the bacillus (infectious) period, expressed in pulmonary heart failure (A 15),
l. Severe post-traumatic events, especially in the rehabilitation period, in the presence of disfiguring sprains or in conditions accompanied by severe motor dysfunction or severe joint limitations (T20-T32);
m. Injuries and Diseases that result in restricted mobility, or the need for home care or isolation, 22 days after the onset of the illness.
The principle of international classification of functions of the World Health Organization is based on the right to home education. In particular, in addition to the diseases defined in point 1 of this appendix, the right to home education is also reserved for the presence of diseases (including conditions or disorders) confirmed by the opinion of relevant doctors, which are manifested by severity, degree of prevalence, activity, participation, with severe and profound disorders
1) Restriction expressed by the mobility of the person (independent movement, long-term maintenance or self-service).
2) the expressed disorder of social adaptation (adaptation);
3) Existence of dangerous behavior (aggressive, destructive, psychopathological, self-harm, suicidal) towards his/her person or environment.
4) Long-term disorders of vital functions, including respiratory, cardiovascular, pelvic organ function, skin (for example, bed sores, other nutritional disorders).
5) Deep suppression of immunity, which requires long-term isolation (to avoid infections).In case of the diseases mentioned in points 1 and 2 of this list, the duration of home education is defined individually, based on:
1) from the progress condition of the child’s treatment, based on the medical conclusion given by the relevant doctor-specialist.
2) Physical access to inclusive education.
- 1st- school or pre-school level assessment, which is carried out by the establishment teachers, pedagogical staff, and pedagogical-psychological support group to identify the limitations of the child’s effective participation in the educational process, the environmental barriers, and the motivating factors for overcoming them.
- 2nd- the regional level assessment, which is carried out by the RPPSC to determine the degree of disruption of this or that function and SEN.
In order to create SEN, a child may be presented for an assessment of SEN at the parent’s or pedagogical council’s request (legal representative) of the educational establishment, if an agreement signed by the parent is attached to the application.
Copies of the child’s birth certificate, social card, the parent or legal representative’s passport, the original conclusion by the TPPSC or the RPPC should be attached to the application. Appropriate pedagogical and psychological support services are provided to organize the education of a child with a certificate of SEN.
The Republican Pedagogical-Psychological Center processes the written complaint of the child’s parent regarding his / her disagreement with the results of the second level assessment of his / her child by the RPPSC, within 10 working days from the day of receiving the document.
After receiving the application, the specialists of the Center will contact to agree on the date and time for the consultation. Individuals or child education and development organizations can contact the Republican Pedagogical-Psychological Center via phone, e-mail, or Facebook page to submit any question or the topic of consultation in which they are interested.
- Child’s birth certificate
- Parent’s passport
- Conclusion on SEN