Two-day training course was held at the Republican Pedagogical-Psychological Center on “Trauma-Informed Work with Children at School” topic on October 19-20, 2023. Teachers from different schools of the RA participated. The training course was implemented by the “Corridors – dialogue through cooperation” NGO in cooperation with the “Heinrich Böll Foundation” and the Republican Pedagogical-Psychological Center. It was aimed at increasing the effectiveness and professional qualities of educators in preventing the effects of negative emotional experiences on various situations, including mental health.
The trainers were the representatives of the NGO “Corridors: dialogue through cooperation” Paata Alaverdashvili and Ani Yengibaryan.
Check the key topics of the training course below:
- ✦ What is trauma and how to recognize it in students?
- ✦ Differentiation and characteristics of individual, intergenerational, collective and social trauma
- ✦ What is victimization (victim status) and what are the levels of victimization?
- ✦ What are the main principles and approaches to trauma identification?
- ✦ What is post-traumatic growth?
- ✦ How to avoid misuse and devaluation of the concept of “trauma”?
Moreover, the speakers noted the importance of a timely and correct response to psychologically traumatic situations and problems of children’s neuropsychic development in particular with recent events, especially in the South Caucasus.