On November 8, 2023 a summary and presentation of the report of the “Improving the Pedagogical-Psychological Support Service System for Children with Special Educational Needs” project was took place. This project was implemented in cooperation with UNICEF Armenia and the Republican Pedagogical-Psychological Center.
The participants were welcomed by MoECSC deputy minister Araqsia Svajyan, UNICEF Deputy Representative Silvia Mestroni RPPC director Lilit Mnatsakanyan.
UNICEF Armenia’s Education Programs Manager Alvard Poghosyan, RPPC deputy director Haykuhi Adamyan and program expert Lusine Babayan also made speeches.
The speakers presented the main directions of cooperation between UNICEF and RPPC within the framework of the project. In particular, reference was made on:
- ✦ Development and piloting of a new special educational needs assessment toolkit
- ✦ Development and piloting of a new Individual Educational Plan form
- ✦ Development of the procedure for providing pedagogical – psychological support services for the organization of education for children from 0-6 years old
- ✦ Implementation of the piloting program for the transformation of the Resource Center of the special educational complex for children with hearing impairments, development of procedures, forms, methodological and professional manuals.
- ✦ Development of a professional toolkit (including sign language teaching methodology) and organization of training courses for TPPSCs.
- ✦ Development of methodological manuals for the three target groups mentioned: teachers, parents, and specialists of TPPSCs.
The draft of the upcoming cooperation and joint action plan for 2024-2025 was also presented.
The meeting was attended by RPPC specialists, TPPSCs’ and schools’ directors, heads of non-governmental organizations and other officials as well. They also presented their observations and recommendations.